History

The Altoona City Authority was created by the City of Altoona in 1946 for the purpose of financing capital improvement projects.

The Authority assumed operational responsibility of the water system from the City in 1981 and of the wastewater system in 1986.

In 2009, our name was officially changed to the Altoona Water Authority.

For Maintenance or Emergencies call: 814-949-2214