The Commonwealth Drought Task Force and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection have moved to place BLAIR COUNTY on drought watch. Residents on drought watch are asked to reduce their individual water use by 5-10 percent, or a reduction of three to six gallons of water per day.
There are many ways to reduce water use around the house, including:
- Run water only when necessary. Don’t let the faucet run while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Shorten the time you let the water run to warm up before showering.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine only with full loads.
- Check for household leaks. For example, a leaking toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water daily.
- Sweep outdoor surfaces rather than hosing them off.
- Don’t wash your vehicle unless it is necessary.
Find more tips at (https://www.epa.gov/watersense/start-saving)